Tuesday, June 6, 2006

My Own 6-6-6 Phenomenon

As of right now, Armageddon and the Apocalypse hasn't happened, and we're still here.  In case you didn't know, the Apocalypse was supposed to happen today, June 6 2006.  Using the numerical abbreviation will give you 6-6-6.  Yep, today is 6-6-6.  I'm sure the doomsday cults are out on a mountain top somewhere, just waiting for the end of the world to happen today.  Some people think that a huge meteor will crash into earth today, too.  I've even read where pregnant women who were due to deliver their babies today were taking medical measures so their babies wouldn't be born on 6-6-6. 

The 6-6-6 phenomenon is based on a passgae of biblical scripture from the Book Of Revelation. Verses declare that the "number of the beast" will be 666.   Some biblical scholars claim there was a mistranslation and the number should be 616.  I don't believe that babies born today will be spawns of Satan.  Nor do I believe that a meteor will crash into the earth today.  But I do have my own bizarre 6-6-6  phenomenon: three bosses that I have worked for over the years were born on June 6.  Sure, it's technically only two-thirds of the ful 6-6-6 phenomenon, but three of my bosses have a birthday today on 6-6-6.  That's pretty bizarre, don't you agree?

Let me say for the record that none of those three bosses were what I would consider satanic, nor did they have the aforementioned mark of the beast on their foreheads. And none of their children are named Damien or Rosemary, either. They're all great ladies.  In fact, in their own individual ways, they each taught me more about being a boss than I could have ever learned in business school.  The three of them are hard-working mothers and wives, and each of them faced struggles in their careers and worked hard to get where they are today.  But I'll take this 6-6-6 birthday phenomenon one further and tell you that two of those bosses were my boss here at ZCO.  One is the first boss I had here in the Customer Service department and the third is my current boss in the Production Scheduling department.  The boss in the middle was one I worked for at a part-time job during the summer for about 5 years during the mid-90's.  And to add more weirdness to this, the two bosses at ZCO know my part-time job boss.  Small world, isn't it?

We've got an hour left in 6-6-6, but I have a feeling we'll make it through the night.

No comments: