Thursday, June 29, 2006

New Product Review

I apologize for no journal entry yesterday.  Insight Commincations had some issues and I was unable to get an internet connection.  And even worse, I was unable to watch the Soap Network on cable.  The issues are resolved and all is well after one day without internet and cable.  So to make up for no post yesterday, today I'll give you two journal entries in one.  For your reading enjoyment, TWIT will be giving you not one but two New Product Reviews, both brought to you courtesy of the good folks at McD's.   The first is by yours truly and the second is by my best friend and co-Diva Stacy.

I don't go out to lunch very often, simply because our department only gets a half hour for lunch. So unless it's someplace extremely close to work, it's just not worth the effort.  The other day, I didn't have time to pack my lunch so I had to run out and pick up something.  All morning long I'd been craving a McD's cheeseburger, so I had to satisfy that craving and headed to the Golden Arches.  Luckily there's one about 5 minutes from work.  I ordered my cheeseburger and then I saw the sign advertising an orange shake for a limited time only.  I'd also been craving something sweet so I ordered one.  I took a sip of it on the way back to work and I honestly thought I was going to drive off the road - it was that good.  It tasted just like one of the old school orange push-ups, only better.  It wasn't too orange, and it wasn't too vanilla; it was just right.  My only regret was that I bought a regular size.  If I'd known, I would have ordered the biggest size they sold.  I urge you to try one on your next trip to McD's.  Their orange shake most definitely gets the TWIT seal of approval.

And here's what Stacy had to say about the new McD's chocolate-covered cone:

Yesterday while shopping for a tablecloth at my favorite linen and bath store I had an overwhelming urge for something sweet to eat.  When I walked out of the store I saw the golden arches across the parking lot.  I decided to jet through the drive -thru for an ice cream sundae.  But while I was waiting in line I saw a big poster advertising a Chocolate Covered Ice Cream Cone.  I figured the chocolate coating would crumble and get all over me during the drive back to work, but what the heck?   I ordered one anyway.  Boy, was I in for a treat!  My first bite off the top and I realized the chocolate was not the crumbly kind, but was still warm and deliciously gooey!  It was however, firm enough to stay put.  If you are a choco-holic  like myself you will understand when I say my head started spinning when I dug into the thing.  It was out of this world.  When I got back to work I told my boss about this treat.  She knew all about it and said sheorders hers in a cup, sans cone.  One word of warning, the warm chocolate melts the ice cream so be careful, it will drip.  McDonald's Chocolate Covered Ice Cream Cone earns a big choco-holic seal of approval, and the TWIT seal of approval.

No comments: