Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ladies Auxiliary State Convention Report, Day 2

The second day of the festivities in the Ladies Auxiliary State Convention are over for me, I'm happy to say.  This morning's events weren't nearly as interesting as yesterday's; it was 95% awards presentations.  Which means we over four hours of sitting there listening to the various chairwomen give awards to the Ladies Auxiliary chapters. I'll be honest and say it was a very boring morning.  I used my time wisely, and read over the latest regulation changes from the Kentucky Gaming Commission.  I'm a multi-tasker, if nothing else.   

I'm very happy to say that our own Mill Creek Post #5421 received quite a few awards today, mostly in the Junior Girls category.  One of our members is running for Junior Vice President, which is only two steps away from the coveted President's spot.  She's a shoe-in, too (nobody was running against her.) And I'm very happy to report that our chapter tied for first place with the most delegate votes - 11 plus the president's vote. 

My portion of the State Convention is over.  I won't be attending tomorrow's last session - probably the most important - the state office elections.  I'm needed  elsewhere.  Since the 'rents are out of town on their Canada trip, I will be stepping in for Dad tomorrow and will be leading the singing in the service, in addition to my regular Fourth Avenue duties as treasurer.  I wear quite a few hats, as you can see. Speaking of hats, I won a very cool pink sequin hat at St. Polycarp's picnic last night.  I'm hoping to be able to post a picture of me wearing said hat later on tonight or tomorrow morning.  I know you can't wait.

No comments: