Sunday, June 4, 2006

Link Of The Week

It's hard to believe that eight years ago, we brought Pancho and Pedro home to live at The Compound.  It seems just like yesterday that we made the trip out to Crestwood to bring them home.  I remember it well.  I made the trip home in the back of Dad's Ranger 4X4 with a miniature donkey setting in my lap.  But we got them safely home to The Compound and the rest, they say, is history. 

When Dad and I first started talking about getting miniature donkeys, I went online and did some research and the first website I found was from a couple in Texas with a ranch called Short Assets. Just from seeing the name of their operation, I knew that the owners, Brenda and Lonnie, had to be cool people.  I read everything on their website, and joined an online email group that they belonged to and soon became friends with them.  I emailed them and over the years have made several calls to them, asking for advice when something wasn't quite right with Pancho and Pedro.  And they never steered me wrong. 

It's been awhile since I've chatted with Brenda and Lonnie, but their Short Assets Farm is still going strong.  Please take a few minutes to go check out their site at http://www.shortassets.com.  They are some of the most conscientious and caring donkey people in the business.  Their site is awesome and the pictures of their donkeys are great.  If you've ever tried to take a picutre of a donkey, then you can appreciate a clear, non-blurry picture.  The most I've ever gotten was close-up shots of noses.

Thanks again, Brenda and Lonnie, for all of your help and advice over the years.  You rock.

No comments: