Monday, May 23, 2005

Thank You, AOL and My Faithful Readers

I'm very happy to report that for the second time since I started this journal this past July, AOL has chosen TWIT as an "Editor's Pick" this week. How cool is that?   I would like to thank the editors at AOL for believing my journal is worthy enough for this esteemed title, and I would like to thank my faithful readers for being so . . . faithful. I couldn't publish this journal every day if it weren't for your support, encouragement, and cool topic suggestions.  Thank you all for giving me my 15 minutes of fame.

After reading my friend Lachlan's journal last summer, she inspired and encouraged me to start my own.  I reasoned that my wit and sarcasm was too great to be kept within the confines of my circle of friends and co-workers, so I thought I'd give it shot.  I thought it would be good creative outlet for me, but I had no idea that people would read my daily musings on a regular basis. Since AOL announced TWIT as one it's Editor's Picks on Sunday, it's gotten over 1000 hits. I'm amazed.

Here's a little known fact about yours truly: I started writing a novel 17 years ago.  A very dear friend since childhood, PhD, gave me the idea for the novel, and away I went.  I poured my heart and soul into it, and for almost 2 years, I worked on it. I took some writing classes, and even sent the first few chapters to some publishing companies who expressed a bit of interest in it.   Life and other things got in the way, and I never have finished it.  But I hope to start back on it this summer and if I can stay focussed, I plan to finally finish it. Never fear, faithful readers - I promise TWIT will continue regardless of any other creative endeavors.  The journal is a part of my life now, and thanks for making it part of yours.

No comments: