Saturday, May 14, 2005

All Aboard

For the past ten or so years, Dad and I have had a running joke about the infamous BBQ Train.  For those that think we've totally lost it, here's a picture of it and the story behind it.  The "Choo Chew Bar B Que" is simply a trailer that has been designed to look like a small train engine.  But it's no ordinary trailer - inside, it's a barbeque grill and mini-kitchen.  The only time we see it out and about is Derby week. It's parked on Cane Run Road, so Dad and I look for it on our way to church, and the location just happens to be a few blocks from my office, too.   A few days before Derby, you can count on seeing the steam, er, smoke, coming out of the Choo Chew, and you can stop by and get some great ribs or chicken. 

This past Sunday, the day after Derby, on our way to church, sure enough we spotted the Choo Chew.  As always, I didn't have my camera with me.  Yesterday morning, I was outside taking pictures of Mom's gorgeous rose bushes, and decided to take the camera with me and do a drive-by in hopes the train Choo Chew would still be there.  Sure as I was having good luck on Friday the 13th, the Choo Chew was still parked there at the station, er, empty lot.  So here it is - proof that the Choo Chew Bar-B-Que train is not a figment of our imaginations.

No comments: