Sunday, May 29, 2005

Link Of The Week

This has been a "school's out" week for me, even though I'm not in school.  I've had an extra-curricular activity almost every night.  So I have to give props to BLGMama for coming up with this week's Link Of The Week. 

I remember my first official typing class back in 9th grade.  It was on an old Smith Corona manual typewriter. After a week or two of the class, I was disgusted and thought I would never learn to type.  But thanks to perseverance and to the guidance of my typing teacher Miss Schmitz, today I am able to type over 100 words per minute.  When I think back to those typing class days, I can't help but think of  that old manual typewriter.  Now, thanks to Uncommon Goods, I can own a piece of that old typewriter.  Go to http://www.uncommongoods.com and you can buy a necklace or bracelet made from actual keys from an old school manual typewriter.  You can bet that I'm going to order a necklace with a "P" key, that stands for "Puddin."  They have a lot of cool stuff on the site.  If the ruler stool wasn't so expensive, I'd buy it. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Miss Schmitz.  Who knew back in 9th grade how important typing would become in the next 30 years?  Back then we thought we'd only use it if we became a secretary or something.  By the way...I was terrified of erasing a hole in my paper.  Instant "zero".  

Anonymous said...

"Hands on home keys" was the buzz word back in the day.

Anonymous said...

Remember how hard you had to hit those keys? lol