Friday, May 13, 2005

Lucky Friday the 13th

Even though it's Friday the 13th, today has been a very lucky day for me.  Thursday the 12th didn't turn out so good - I had to fork over $$$ to get the climate controll module replaced on the BMW.  The shop assured me that frost would now form on the windows when I crank up the a/c; I told them I would be the judge of that.  But enough of that bad misfortune; I won't dwell on that.  I'll just focus on the good luck I've had today.

If you'll remember, a couple of months ago, I posted a picture of my missing Foster Grant sunglasses, and asked you, my faithful readers, to be on the lookout for them.  I bought another almost identical pair and have worn them for the past two months, but they just didn't feel right. They looked cool, but they weren't my old ones. Yesterday afternoon when I picked up the BMW from the shop, I found the missing sunglasses. They were in their case, down between the console and the seat. Rejoice, rejoice. 

Round two of my good luck occurred this morning.  This past Sunday morning, I was frantically searching through my bedroom and the rest of the house for a pair of black dress sandals to wear to church.  They're as comfortable as a pair of houseshoes, and I was almost sick over not being able to find them.  The last time I'd worn them was early fall - I was going somewhere after church that Sunday, so I brought other clothes to change into, and I remember putting the shoes in a canvas tote bag.  I found the tote bag Sunday morning, but couldn't find the shoes.  I wore another pair of uncomfortable black sandals to church, and as soon as I got home, I got online and ordered another pair.  I got an email yesterday saying that had been shipped and would be out for delivery today.  Yes, you guessed it. I found the missing sandals this morning.  More rejoicing. 

This substantiates my Missing Item Theory - if you lose something, go buy another one, and then you'll find the one. 

No comments: