Sunday, May 8, 2005

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

To my Mother, Minnie -- Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  You're the best.  Thanks for putting up with me and my shenanigans.  I have a spotless criminal record, and there's not much dirt they could dig up on me if I ran for public office, so I'd say that you and the Lord did a pretty good job of getting me through the past 42 years. 

She'll probably give me grief for posting this picture of her, but it's hilarious.  The t-shirt she's wearing is from Rod Stewart's "Out Of Order" tour, and it just kills me. This was taken a couple of weeks ago when she and Dad were putting up the Martin birdhouse.  It's not your typical Mother's Day tribute picture, but she laughs and makes jokes about the t-shirt when she wears it, and I think life is about laughing and enjoying it, so I think it's very appropriate. 

She got a new gardening hat, gloves, pants, and knee pads, so I'll have to take a picture of her new Mother's Day gardening attire for another journal entry. 

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too, Minnie.  Thanks for letting your kid hang out with me the past 25+ years.