Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Gas Price Update

Gas prices had stabilized here in the 'Ville for the past couple of weeks, so I didn't post an update.  Yesterday, I'm embarassed to say I was screwed at the pumps once again.  I was running on fumes when I pulled out of the parking lot at work yesterday afternoon, so I knew I needed to stop at the first gas pump available.  I pulled into Thornton's at about 5:15, and [reluctantly] filled up the BMW for $2.09 a gallon.  I ran a couple of errands, and when I passed by that same Thornton's just three hours later, imagine my surprise when the sign said $1.97.  So, everyone in Louisville, run out during your lunch break today and fill up.  I'm guessing they'll probably jack the prices up before the holiday weekend starts. 

I think from now until gas prices are back to a buck and a half a gallon, I'm only going to buy $5 worth of gas at a time, in case this happens again. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!

Youre complaining about 2.09 try 2.29 or the lowest if i drive 12 miles is 2.19.This is on cape cod. Give it another couple of weeks the prices will go up for the tourists. That along with food and booze. Restraunts  have already hiked the menus for the up coming summer. JOY JOy

Anonymous said...

We're gearing up for [what the media is calling] a "substantial" increase in taxes on alcohol and cigarettes that takes affect next week on June 1.  I'm guessing the liquor stores will be packed next Tuesday.  

Anonymous said...

the lowest around here is $2.37.....and it's the same country!  Why should gas be less in KY, where there are NO oilwells, than here in CA, where there are LOTS og oil wells?  Bruce  

Anonymous said...

If I could pay 2.09, I would be thrilled.  The average here is 2.29 and that is for the regular.  I miss 2.09 and crave 1.97.