Friday, March 23, 2012

New Product Review

Since I already had a Flashback earlier in the week when I reminisced about Who Shot JR, today I am bringing you, faithful readers, a New Product Review.  It is brought to us by my good friend, coworker and faithful reader SH.  Believe me when I tell you I will be going out tomorrow morning to a local joint to try this.

Last night, my husband and I ran into Dairy Queen to grab a quick bite for dinner. While my husband got a milkshake for his drink, I ordered a medium soft drink. The cashier handed me the empty cup and I went in search of the soft drink dispenser. I looked around the corner from the counter and all I could see (at first glance) was the coffee and tea machines and what looked like a Coke vending machine from the side. I started looking around the rest of the store to find the soft drink dispenser when my husband finally noticed my wandering around and pointed to what I thought was a vending machine and said, "That's the Coke dispenser you need to get your soda from." Then I walked up to the machine and realized it wasn't a vending machine, but a very different kind of soft drink dispenser. It had no written instructions on it whatsoever--just a screen with little icons of just about every Coke product you can imagine. Now I will be the first to admit that I am not technologically savvy. In fact, I hardly have made it past the 1980's as far as technology goes, so I was confused as to what I was supposed to do at this point. It did have a marked ice dispenser on it that I used to get my ice, but then I motioned for my husband to come over and "help" me. He came over and told me to touch the icon of the drink I wanted. I chose Sprite Zero. After touching it, another screen pops up with a large Sprite Zero logo and about 8-10 smaller icons with different flavors of Sprite Zero (peach, vanilla, strawberry, etc). I was supposed to touch the screen again to choose from all these different Sprite Zero flavors, but I was so stunned because I wasn't aware that Sprite Zero even came in all these flavors that I waited too long to make a selection and the machine reset to the main screen once again. I told my husband, "I just want regular Sprite Zero--no special flavors." He ended up walking me through the process and I finally got my Sprite Zero. It turns out that this is a new machine called Coca-Cola Freestyle and can be found in many fast food restaurants at this time. I suggest they put something on the machine telling people like me that it is a touch screen and that's how you use it. Like I said, I'm the first to admit that I'm technologically challenged, but I felt pretty stupid about not being able to operate a soft drink dispenser.

As a special Link Of The Week, here is a link to the Coca Cola site that tells all about the Coca Cola Freestyle.  http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/index.jsp.

The Coca Cola Freestyle most definitely gets the TWIT Seal of Approval. And I wish I had one of these here at The Compound.

1 comment:

Toots said...

I used one of these at Maddio's Pizza Joint recently. Very cool.