Monday, February 28, 2011

Mystery Solved

Ever since last Thursday, I've been plagued by a extremely sore side. Lord knows I haven't done any strenuous exercises to warrant the soreness, and I knew that I hadn't fallen down on my side. I was clueless. It only hurt when I laughed, sneezed or coughed. All weekend long I tried to figure out when and where I caused the problem. Like I said - I knew I hadn't fall down and cracked a rib, and I knew I hadn't been doing anything strenuous.

It seemed to be a little better this weekend. Until this morning. As I got in the Blazer to head to work, it hurt like nobody's business, and then it suddenly dawned on me what had caused the soreness: carrying around my 87 pound briefcase bag with all of my school stuff in it for the past 8 weeks. Yep, I'm 99.9% sure that's what caused it. Event though this is the last week of class in my Master's program, I don't want to make the muscle strain any worse than it is. So I remembered that somewhere down in the basement, I have a cool briefcase/laptop bag on wheels, that would be perfect for all of the crap I've been lugging around for my thesis and final exam. If only this had dawned on me months ago.

No comments: