Thursday, July 12, 2007

No Veggie Booty For Me, Thanks

 

                        

It looks like we've got another rash of product recalls by the FDA - this time it's affecting the vegetarians.  TWIT has discovered that everyone's favorite snack food Veggie Booty has been recalled.  There have been 54 reported cases of salmonella poisoning from unsuspecting vegetarians who ate Veggie Booty.  The FDA said that the salmonella cases have been reported from 17 states so far. 

Veggie Booty snack food is sold in supermarkets, health food stores and online in the United States and Canada. Like me, I'm sure you're just dying to know what in the hell is Veggie Booty.  The package says: "Veggie Booty is a snack made from organic rice & corn, with a phytonutrient blend of Spinach, Kale, and other Veggies. Phytonutrients are naturally occuring constituents found in fruits and vegetables. Veggie Booty will change the way you eat and provide you with the vitamins and minerals needed for maximum nutrition, while enjoying the finest snack on the planet."  Fruity Booty is also available from the good folks that bring us Veggie Booty.  Personally, I'm not eating any food with "booty" in its name - be it veggie, fruity, meaty or whatever.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already got Beer Booty, Hostess CupCake Booty, and Mr. Gatti's Booty.  I don't need another one.

Anonymous said...

Thinking that I am glad my love for veggies is limited...Oh my!