Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Mullet Watch

Boy, howdy - we went a couple of months with no mullet sightings, and now it seems we can't go out of the house without seeing one.  I have a few sightings just reported to me today. 

The first mullet sighting is by my new faithful reader, AB45.  Here's what she had to say about her first official mullet sighting for TWIT:  "Golden Beach Rd, Mechanicsville MD on the side of the road selling vegetables - a mullet sighting! LOL  Now, everytime I see someone sporting one of those - I think of your journal!" Priceless, just priceless.  We have no way of knowing, but I'd be willing to bet that this mullet might have worked at one of the shopping center carnivals.

The second sighting is from our current Frequent Mullet Spotter, JMc. Once again, here's the mullet sighting in his words.  And I quote "I cannot believe it!!  Here I am not being able to spot a mullet for a long time then I go to the county fair last Thursday and BAM 3 mullets. Now last Friday when I had to stop at Kroger in Brandenburg, guess what….yeah that’s right another sighting.  This one was a little different from the rest.  It can pass as a “Skullet” but there was hair on top of the head.  The hair on top of the head was a real short, maybe a clipper setting of 2 and then the  flap longer than the collar. Buying….you guessed it, Budweiser.  A favorite among the Red-neckess belligerentess. "

The third sighting this week was by yours truly.  Last night, I made a trek out by Churchill Downs to the VFW post for their infamous Monday night bingo.  I had no idea that I would spot a mullet.  I was sitting at my table reading a book until time for bingo to start when the mullet strolled in.  At first glance, it appeared to be just another long pony tale pulled through the back of a ball cap.  Boy was I wrong.  The guy took off his cap, and with a shake of his head, the back of the mullet fluffed out.  It was very long and light brown, and was the textbook business in the front, party in the back.

Mullet count: 27

 

No comments: