Tuesday, April 20, 2010

That Really Gets My Goat

I heard a story on the radio this morning on my way to work, and it struck me as funny - so funny that at one point, I thought I was going to have to pull off of the road I was laughing so hard.

The DJ's on the radio show were talking about how their dogs like to ride in the car with them. One of the DJ's went on to say how he had a Dachsund, and the dog liked to sit on the console between the front seats in his SUV. He even told a story about how when they were getting close to an overpass, the Dachsund would turn around and put his head down. I guess the little dog thought they were going to run into the overpass. A minute or so later the dog would sense that they were OK, and would turn back around and resume his position on the console. But wait - that's not the part of the story that I thought was so funny. A few minutes later, a listener called into the radio station and told them that he had a pet goat that liked to ride in the front seat of the car. The goat enjoyed riding so much that he would reach over this his nose and change the radio stations. Now THAT'S what made me laugh - a pet goat that changes the car radio stations.

It got me thinking about how cool it would be to have a pet goat riding in the BMW with me. But then I thought it couldn't stay in the BMW all of the time - it would have to be out in the yard. But Mom would never let that happen. I don't even want to think of what would happen if the goat at some of Mom's prized violets.

No comments: