Monday, April 12, 2010

New Product Review


Today was the day that KFC introduced their new "Double Down" - two of their fairly new boneless chicken filets with two slices of pepper jack cheese, a few pieces of bacon and the Colonel's special sauce. My coworkers and I have been talking about the Double Down since KFC gave us the big news on April 1.
I just hung up the phone from getting our first review of the Double Down. "OMG" was all they could say. They said at first they thought the cheese was more of a sauce then actual cheese slices, because it had melted from the heat of the chicken filets. And they reported that it seemed to be actual bacon - not synthetic wannabe bacon. We don't even want to mention the calorie nor sodium content, because the reviewer did say that it was a bit salty. We're guessing the salt was mainly from the fried chicken filets. But since you can get the chicken filets grilled, I bet they would let you substitute grilled filets for the fried in the Double Down.
While I haven't tasted a Double Down yet, I do respect the opinion of my reviewer and since we've had so much hype about this, I'm going to go ahead and give the Double Down the TWIT Seal Of Approval.

No comments: