Sunday, April 11, 2010

Link Of The Week

I've become very frustrated with the current class I'm taking in school. Pretty much most of the class feels like he is putting too much emphasis on the format for our homework assignments and not enough emphasis on the actual material. On Friday evening, I spent an hour on my homework (a 3 page paper) making sure that the references and citation links were, well, linkable. Meaning, if you clicked on the website that I listed, did the link actually work and take you to the website. I don't know if there was some kind of hiccup in Microsoft Word but it took me almost an hour of copying and pasting and recopying and repasting to get it right. A time or two, I started to think that the sites were down. If only I had found this week's Link Of The Week on Friday. Like me, I'm sure you've typed in what you know is the right URL, only to get the dreaded error that the site either doesn't exist or it's down for maintenance. Worry no more. I found a site that will tell you if a site is down or if it's just you. Visit http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com and give it a try. I know I will.

No comments: