Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Great Steamboat Race Eve

It's that time again, faithful readers - it's the evening before the Great Steamboat Race and that can only mean one thing: I'm nerved up over my annual Great Steamboat Race Cookout/Party. If you remember, some school friends (SFs) and I have this every year down on the riverbank at Cox's Park here on the outskirts of the 'Ville. And every year, I get nerved up on the evening before. It's always senseless - everything comes together, but I still get nerved up. This year, I'm happy to report that I'm not quite as nerved up as in years past. I've bought everything I was supposed to buy, I have the Blazer loaded with the dining canopy and cornhole boards, and I'm good to go. And I'm even planning on getting some school work done tomorrow during the morning and afternoon while we wait for the race to begin. So it's all good.

No comments: