Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Love A Bargain

I don't need to remind you how I love a good bargain. I'm all about a good deal. In fact, one of my mantra's is "Life is too short to pay retail." But I digress. Yesterday during lunch, a coworker went down the street to one of the chain drugstores and loaded up on awesome Easter candy at half off. He came back with a bag full of my favorite Reese Eggs and a few bags of Dove chocolate bunnies. Then he told of how there were racks and racks just overflowing with Russell Stover chocolate covered eggs. I knew I had to stop. Not for myself, mind you, but for Dad. He loves the Ruessell Stover dark chocolate covered strawberry or raspberry cream eggs. With Eater being over, I knew I had to stop in to stock up on the eggs for him. It would be a while before he could get some of the eggs again.

Being the good unselfish daughter that I am, I stopped at the big chain drugstore on the way home from work and got him a dozen assorted Russell Stover eggs, two bags of sugar-free jelly beans for Mom and a six-pack of Reese Eggs for me. After all, I deserved a treat, too. And best of all, I got them all at 75% off. When my coworker went a few hours earlier during lunch, they were only 50% off. Oh how I love a bargain.

No comments: