Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Play Ball

TWIT would like to wish the Louisville Bats another successful season. Tonight was their season opener at home. Unfortunately, they lost 3-1. But it was a great night for a ballgame - the weather was perfect, and thanks to our new upgrade, our seats were very close to the action.

As we headed to our new section tonight, I couldn't help but wonder who our neighbors would be for the season. It was that same anticipation that I get when I fly somewhere by myself - wondering who will be in the seats next to me. We all hope that our neighbors tonight were a one-time thing and that they won't be back for many more games. The family behind us (father, mother, a baby just weeks old and a 4 or 5 yr old, plus a male relative) all talked non-stop the entire time they were there. And in front of us was a young father with 3 stair-step kids. If they made one trip up to the concession stands they made twenty. Like I said, we're hoping tonight's neighbors won't make it to very many games this season. But I digress. I hope the Bats will have a great season like last year, and wish them a successful and safe season.

No comments: