Saturday, April 4, 2009

Stock Market Update

We saw a big gain in the Dow and Nasdaq this week, and with those gains there was still some upward movement in my portfolio. When the market closed yesterday, my portfolio had increased a total of 109.99% since I purchased the shares. Believe me when I tell you I've had ten times the 109.99% in fun since I purchased the shares and started watching the market closer.

I'm getting ready to add another stock to my portfolio - on Tuesday I plan to buy $100 worth of GM shares. Now, anyone that knows me knows that Puddin is a gambler, and faithful readers this one is a big gamble. I think there will be no middle ground on GM - I think it will either go totally belly up or it will comeback. I'm gambling on a comeback. But either way, I'll have fun watching the progress.

And let's just hope that the gains that the stock market made this week will also be seen in our retirement funds.

No comments: