Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My New Favorite Commercial

I've spent the last hour and a half getting caught up on four day's worth of "All My Children" episodes. I've got one more to go and then I'll be caught up. There's not many story lines that I'm enjoying right now, so I fast forward through a lot of the scenes, just like I fast forward through all of the commercials. But one commercial caught my eye and I had to rewind it and watch the commercial in its entirity. Actually, I watched it four times. It was a commercial for Burger King, advertising their 99 cent kids meals that come with a Sponge Bob Square Pants toy. Ordinarily, I just can't watch the plastic big-headed king but this commercial was different. The King is singing "I like square butts" to the tune of my all time favorite rap song "Baby Got Back." What's not to like about a commercial that plays music like that? Why, the commercial even shows a cameo appearance by none other than "Baby Got Back" singer Sir Mix-A-Lot. Awwww yeah. The King likes square butts and he cannot lie.

No comments: