Monday, April 6, 2009

New Developments, Part 2

Looking back on everything that has happened today, I honestly don't believe I've ever experienced such a vast array of emotions. I've gone from ecstatic to totally disgusted, all in a few hours time. But as I write this, I'm very much at peace with everything and am still very happy. I can't totally explain it all, but I'll do the best I can. Let me explain.

Today at work I was informed that my tuition reimbursement request had been denied. Suffice to say that I was told that I had set a precedent; I was the first to ask for tuition reimbursement for a second Master's degree. I was shocked, sad, rejected, pissed off, and then peaceful. There's no way financially I could afford to pay for the tuition for this second Master's Degree. But I thought about it and prayed about it, and as I preach to friends, I firmly believe there's no such thing as coincidence. This happened for a reason.

I've thought long and hard today, and with a current recession going on, I do not want to undertake a hefty $$$ student loan to pay for this second Master's degree just for the sake of getting another degree. So tonight, I've officially decided not to go back to school this summer. I feel like this happened for a specific reason - one I might not be sure of right now, but that I know I will understand fully in the future.

No comments: