Monday, April 13, 2009

Hail, No

It's springtime here in the Ohio Valley, and that means two things: the allergy season and the storm season. This afternoon, a pretty big storm moved through the 'Ville and for about ten minutes, we had a pretty wild hailstorm. The hail started out pea-sized and then graduated up to marble size. Our office building has a tin roof, and the hail sounded like it was apple-sized, like they had in Arkansas yesterday. The only thing I could think of was my beloved Blazer that was still shining from the wreck repairs and a full paint job sitting out there in the parking lot getting pelted by hail. It almost made me sick at my stomach.

As soon as the hail and rain had stopped, I ran outside to assess the damage. Imagine my surprise when I found the Blazer to be safe and sound with nary a paint chip or a dent. I checked out a few co-workers' cars and they were fine, too. We sure were lucky. I don't even want to think of how a car would look after it got pelted by apple-sized hail.

No comments: