Saturday, July 19, 2008

Strange Observations From My Bike Ride

I slept in a bit this morning, but managed to get out of bed and hit the bike trail by 10:00 this morning before it got too hot.  It was still pretty warm, but it wasn't a bad ride.  It was fairly pleasant - I was listening to the "Pure Funk" album on my MP3 player as I peddaled along.  I always try to look ahead in case there's any tree limbs or foreign objects on the path that I need to avoid.  Today, I spotted some things that made me go "hmmm".  On the 9 mile round trip today, I spotted three ink pens.  One pen might not be odd, considering there has been some work going on along the road that runs parallel to the bike trail and maybe a worker dropped their pen.  But three?  And they were spaced about a mile or more apart.  Now, when I ride, I normally don't carry a pen with me in my little bike pack, and I can't really imagine why a bike rider would need a pen with them, either.  So I don't really think they fell out of the pocket or pack of a bicyclist.  I just don't have an explanation for this one. I also saw an almost-full bottle of Pepto Bismal this morning - only it was out in the road and not on the path.  I bet someone really missed that when they got home. 

No comments: