Friday, July 18, 2008

Flashback Friday

                    

We're not quite at the drought stage yet like we were this time last summer, but we sure haven't had much rain lately.  Yet something made me think of the very cool bubble umbrella from back in the day.  Before we go any further, let me just say that like the Merlin game, I never had a bubble umbrella.  And also like the Merlin game, I always wanted one.

The bubble umbrellas were very cool, and very popular.  Here's a quote from a faithful reader about their bubble umbrella: "The great thing about the bubble umbrella was that you could pull it down over your head and shoulders and still see where you were going because it was clear.  The thing about it was that the rain would run down and really drip onto your feet.  I loved my bubble umbrella; it had flowers on it.  A girl here at work recently bought a home over in Germantown and found one in the attic.  It was true retro; very cool." 

Like I said, the bubble umbrellas were very popular.  You would see them all over the place on rainy days. They were frequently used by kids standing at the bus stop.  Though I never saw too many adults using them, though.  But the kids loved them.  Like I said, I never had one, even though I wanted one.  Mom and Grandma never told me why they wouldn't buy me one, either.  Their response was always "You've already got a good umbrella - you don't need another one."  And I believed them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bubble Umbrella's a "True" Icon...LOL

As Always

Peace