Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's All My Fault

I heard some very disturbing news today -- Krispy Kreme is still having some major financial problems.  They have lost more than half of their market share over the last year.  They've closed stores and have revamped their management, but their revenue still fell seven percent for the first quarter of the year.  Their CEO Daryl Brewster even resigned in January.  And it's all my fault.

Never mind the misconduct by former management, healthier eating by Americans and competition from Dunkin Donuts causing a decline in Krispy Kreme sales - I'm the one to blame.  Yep, it's all my fault.  Since the beginning of February when I started my healthy eating lifestyle, I've only had three Krispy Kreme donuts. So it's only natural that I feel responsible for the decline in their sales.  I feel like I have let Krispy Kreme down. 

Not a week goes by that someone doesn't bring Krispy Kremes to work.  It takes every ounce of strength to resist the temptation as I stare at the donuts sitting on the table in our lunchroom as I pass by them on my way to get my V8 juice or fruit from the refrigerator.  But I still feel I've let them down by not eating them.  I hope they understand and can forgive me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If they close the store in Shively I'm coming after you, Puddin.  It's just not the same to get them at the grocery or even the mini-mart.

And while we're on the subject, I'm baffled as to how Dunkin Donuts could ever be competition for good old KKs.  No comparison.