Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Reality Talent Show Observations

My love of critiquing reality talent shows started a few years ago when "Rockstar" first came on the tube.  After two seasons of that, I was disillusioned and didn't have the stomach to watch an entire season of another reality talent show until this summer when I got hooked on "Nashville Star." But I'm afraid the shows have affected me.  I'm ashamed to admit this, but I'm honest with you, faithful readers and will make a confession.  This past Sunday morning in church, a lady from the choir sang during the early service while the choir was on their summer break.  After the first line of her song, I found myself thinking "She's slurring and scooping the notes too much; she's too theatrical and too animated; needs to keep her hands down."  Yep, I've gone from giving my critical reviews of the weekly "Nashville Star" contestants to critiquing the soloists at church.  I've got to just step away from the TV.  Well, after this season of "Nashville Star" is over.

No comments: