Sunday, July 20, 2008

Link Of The Week

We experiened some "issues" this weekend with the Beemah, namely, it didn't start yesterday morning when I attempted to drive it to Wal-Mart.  We quickly deducted that the battery was dead since I hadn't driven it in over a month, so we decided to just hook up the battery charger to it and then away we go. Not so easy.  I looked at the owner's manual, and discovered that the battery is underneath the driver's side back seat.  No problem.  I found a knob that unhooked the seat and lifted it off to in deed find the battery. I consulted the owner's manual once again, and it said to recharge the battery without taking the battery out, one needed to hook up the battery charging cables to the "remote posts" by the engine bulkhead.  Ohkayyyyy.  That sure narrowed it down.  So I did what anyone would do -- I got online and did a Google search.  Lo and behold, I found a site with a diagram of where the remote posts were and in about an hour the battery was charged up and I was back in business.  But I owe it all to the site that helped me, Howdini.  Please check them out at http://howdini.com and find out how to do just about anything you want.  This site definitely gets the TWIT Seal Of Approval.

No comments: