Sunday, July 6, 2008

Link Of The Week

If you're like me, hardly a week goes by that I don't get a forwarded email promising new found wealth or good fortune.  That's all well and good, but FYI I'm still waiting on the new found wealth.  Maybe that's because I don't forward the email to everyone I know.  But I digress.  Anyhoo, when I got my computer and first went online it didn't take long before I got a few emails saying Microsoft was going to give me a check for $100 if I forwarded that email to a bizillion people.  Being one of the biggest companies in the world, it would have been within the realm of possibility for that to actually happen.  Well, it didn't.  But those hoax emails hasn't stopped Microsoft from being one of the more socially conscious and humanitarian companies around.  They love to donate money to worthy causes and they want to donate some money, but in return, all they're asking is for us to use their Windows Live Hotmail or Messenger programs, they're going to donate money to some very worthy causes.  Each time we send an email through our Hotmail account or chat with their instant message program, they will donate a portion of their advertising revenue to organizations like the American Red Cross, the National AIDS Fund, and the Boys and Girls Club just to name a few.  Please visit http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/Default.aspx and start emailing and chatting. 

No comments: