Thursday, March 16, 2006

You Know You've Hit The Bigtime

I stopped at our local super grocery store the other day on my way home from work.  I planned on buying a twelve-pack of soft drinks and a half-gallon of ice cream among other items, so I got a grocery cart so I wouldn't have to juggle everything.  I started to put my purse in the space where you would normally put your small child, and imagine my surprise when I saw a co-worker's parents' picture on that plastic plate that flips down.  The parents are realtors in this area of town, and there on the shopping cart was a pretty good sized advertisement for them.  As I made my way through the grocery store, I thought of other friends and aquaintances that are realtors, and to my knowledge, none of them advertise on grocery carts. 

I guess grocery carts are the hotbed on advertising these days.  Not only do they have an ad on the plastic plate that flips down, they have an even bigger space available on the end of the shopping cart.  Eventually, they'll have the grocery carts full of ads just like how they have all of the sponsors names on race cars. 

When I finished my shopping and checked out, I pushed my cart back to the cart corral, and I took a minute and looked at the different pictures and advertisements that were on the plastic flip pieces of the grocery carts.  I'd guess that 90% of the ads were for realtors.  There were no grocery cart ads for nail salons or tanning bed places, nor for restaurants or bars.  I did see a couple of grocery cart ads for insurance people, though.  But the majority were for realtors.  I don't know if advertising on grocery carts means you've really hit the bigtime, or if it means business is bad and you need to advertise wherever you can. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puddin, please don't leave your purse in the buggy.  I'd hate for you to get jacked by some mullet wearing PAT at the super grocery store!!

Speaking of NASCAR...go Mark Martin and the #6 AAA car!!!!