Friday, March 31, 2006

New Product Review

I was in my local grocery store yesterday morning before work, and needed a little something sweet to go with the microwave pizza that I bought for lunch.  On my way to the checkout lane, I spotted a huge display of different Reese's Cups.  I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.  In case you hadn't picked up on it from reading previous posts in TWIT, Reese's Cups are my favorite candy bar.  Yes, it's not really a candy bar, but you know what I mean.  I looked at the display and saw a new type that I'd hadn't tried, so I picked up two packs of the Double Chocolate Reese's Cups.  I had to get one for my friend and faithful reader TaffiLynn.  She likes them as much as I do.  We tried them, and we have to say that officially, we don't care much for them.  When the package said "Double Chocolate", I was expecting to have double chocolate on the shell.  Imagine my surprise when I bit into one of the Reese's Cups and discovered chocolate was mixed in with the peanut butter.  It reminded me of the old school Reese's Cup commercials; you know what I'm talking about - "You got your peanut butter in my chocolate."  "No, YOU got your chocolate in MY peanut butter." 

TaffiLynn and I discussed the Double Chocolate Reese's Cups at great length, and we think they just don't live up to our high Reese Cup standards.  They didn't make us sick or anything, but we just prefer the regular ol' Reese Cups.  And at this time of the year, we really prefer the Reese's Eggs.  So if you are at the store and are considering buying the Reese's Double Chocolate, don't waste your money.  Buy the eggs instead.  TWIT does not give its seal of approval to the Double Chocolate.

No comments: