Friday, March 10, 2006

Something New For My Resume

I have something new to add to my resume now under the "work experience" section: no, it's not bingo caller (more on that in a separate journal entry later).  It's ATM technician. 

As I've mentioned before, we have an ATM machine at work.  It's in foyer about 10 feet from our office cubicle.  Therefore, any time there is a problem with the machine, our department (or more specifically, me) is who the users tell.  Let me preface by saying this ATM is not the responsibility of the Production Scheduling Department, but since we're the closest people to the ATM, everyone thinks it's our baby to rock.

We had bad storms last night, and the power at work went off for a few minutes, and the power outage wreaked havoc on the ATM machine.  When we came in this morning, we noticed a paper sign taped to the machine that said "out of order."  The sign didn't stop people from trying to use the ATM machine, and each time they tried, they had to stop by our cubicle and tell me about it.  As if I am the official company ATM technician.  We kept track and 7 people came and told me about the ATM machine not working.  One even said "I know this isn't your responsibility but the ATM machine isn't working."  If you know it isn't my responsibility, then why are you telling me about it?????

After the 5th person told us about the machine not working, I got fed up and called the credit union to tell them. I wanted to go drag everybody that stopped by our department today and told us the machine wasn't working out to the ATM machine and show them the sign on the machine that says "If you have any problems with this machine please call Louchem Federal Credit Union." Seeeeeee?  It says call the CREDIT UNION.  It doesn't say "please notify Puddin in the Production Scheduling Department."

There.  I feel better now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to have the same problem when my desk was about 5 feet away from the copy machine.  Everyone turned around and looked at me when it jammed or got low on toner.