Thursday, March 23, 2006

Update Thursday

We're Glad You're Better, PJ
I would like to give  a big shout out to my dear friend and adopted mother PJ, and let her know how very glad I am that she's done so well on her recovery and recuperating.  PJ had heart surgery on my birthday back in January to repair two aneurysms, and she's been out of commission since then.  But she's followed the doctor's instructions to the letter, and is doing awesome.  I've sure missed getting my hugs from her.  When we last spoke a few days ago, she said she's planning on being at church this Sunday.  Don't rush things, PJ - if you feel tired and don't feel like getting out this Sunday, you just stay home and rest up some more.  I want you good and strong so I can get a big hug from you. 

We're Glad You're Doing Better, Too, Boots
I'd also like to give a big shout out to my dear friend and neighbor Boots.  He's had a rough time this winter and spring recuperating from the pneumonia he had back in January.  In fact, he was in the hospital the same time PJ was.  Since he came home, he's had some problems, and had to even get a biopsy a week ago.  We've been nervous wrecks since then, worrying about the results and doing sme heavy duty praying for him.  Our prayers were answered yesterday when the doctor said that the problems were from his arthritis medicine and were not cancer.  They've changed his meds, and just yesterday he felt good enough to go play pinochle at the VFW. 

Welcome, Baby Logan
TWIT would like to welcome baby Logan.  He arrived less than a week ago.  He's the grandson (and second grandchild) of the above mentioned PJ and her hubby Dr. J.  Logan is down in Houston, and I know that PJ and Dr. J will be heading down there as soon as PJ is a bit stronger and can handle the plane ride.  Our congratulations to Logan's grandparents and his proud parents, B and J.  I hope to have a picture of Logan to post soon. 

Hang In There, Gin
I'd like to tell my good friend Gin up in Springfield, IL to hang in there.  A week ago, they had tornados there in Springfield, and she's been busy at her lawn service doing yard cleanup from all of the limbs and such from the storms.  Well, this week, they had a blizzard in Springfield and on Monday they got over a foot of snow.  So this week her lawn service has been doing snow removal.  Lots of snow removal.  Hang in there, Gin - summer will be here before you know it and then you all will just have to deal with the heat and humidity as you all mow and mulch. 

Way To Go, T
Last but not least on my updates, I'd like to say way to go, T.  I doubt that you'll read this, but in case you do, you know what I'm talking about. 

No comments: