Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Whenever, Wherever

I noticed something strange this weekend while watching an old episode of "Gunsmoke" with the 'rents.  (I guess that was redundant, wasn't it? All "Gunsmoke" episodes are old.)  In this episode, Miss Kitty was travelling somewhere in a stage coach, and an accident happens. The stagecoach crashes and  Miss Kitty is dazed and confused and starts walking out in the wild, evidently hoping she's heading toward Dodge City and the Longbranch saloon.  While wandering in the wilderness, Miss Kitty finds a wild girl.  The girl doesn't speak, and is wearing an animal skin dress and her long blonde hair is messy.  She takes care of Miss Kitty, and the pair go in search of help.  They wander around and come across a shack where a family pretends to befriend them, but instead wants to take the wild girl and sell her to a sideshow for $100.

I wish I had a picture from this episode, because the wild girl looked exactly like Shakira.  I sat and watched the rest of the episode, hoping the wild girl would start shaking and singing "Wherever, Whenever" like Shakira, but she didn't.  The closest she came was when she was kicking while the family was trying to tie her up.  Anyhoo.  I thought it was funny.  It's not every day that you see a Shakira look-alike on "Gunsmoke."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puddin!!!  How could you leave us hanging like that?  What happened to the wild girl?  Did her parents sell her to the circus?  Did Miss Kitty find her way back to Dodge?  Something tells me Matt Dillon rode in and saved them both.  I sure hope so.  I was always hoping Marshall Dillon and Miss Kitty would "hook up".