Tuesday, March 7, 2006

More Non-Words

It's that time again, faithful readers.  Here's the 2006 version of non-words.  Most of these have been heard at work, and a few were heard out in public.  The sentences in which the words were used are verbatim.

Misimpression - I was under the misimpression that you were going to take care of that.

Fift - I told them the item would ship on the fift, not the third.

Holt - When I get holt of my insurance company on the phone, I'll let you know.

Fount - When you get back from the doctors let me know what they fount out. 

Sinus - (Used in the context of a health problem, not a body part)  Do you think it's a cold or do you have sinuses?

Valentimes - Did you get any flowers for Valentimes Day?

Reched - The plane reched cruising altitude and then started to descend. 

Afore - Are you stopping at Krispy Kreme afore you get to work?

NASCAR - (Used in the context of the name of a racing automobile, not a racing association) I want to find somebody who's a good artist so they can paint a NASCAR on my grandson's bedroom wall.

Costess - (Spoken to me by a McDonald's employee missing her front teeth) If you get chicken on the salad it costess more. 

No comments: