Friday, December 2, 2005

Root Canal Update

In keeping with my streak of bad luck, today's visit to the endodontist was no exception.  They did a few more xrays, and found out that the canals in my tooth had a lot of calcification.  So to make the very long story short, he did a root canal on one of the three canals, and I have to go back Tuesday and he'll attempt to do another root canal on a second canal.  If that is successful, then he'll finish with whatever it is he will have to do, and I'll be on my merry way.  If the canal has too much calcification, then I'll be referred to an oral surgeon and he'll have to pull the tooth and give me an implant or bridge.  Either way all I can see on the horizon is $$$$$$. 

I can't chew for a day or two, so I've had Slim-Fast and potato soup today.  I'm on antibiotics again, and on Vicodin for the pain.  Fortunately, ibuprofin has done the trick so far, but as the evening goes on, my mouth is hurting a bit more so I think I'll try to hold off and take a Vic before I go to bed. 

I'd like to send a personal thank you to the faithful readers who have emailed or called today to check on me.  You all rock. 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we loves ya!

Hang in there, and hopefully you will not need to take the Vike. It can do a number on your stomach, so be careful!

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck, a root canal.  I've only had minor cavities and cannot envision having to endure the fear, weeping and gnashing of teeth with a root canal.  Hopefully, there will be no trouble in the forest.  Best wishes for a successful procedure and quick recovery.