Sunday, December 4, 2005

Link Of The Week

As you already know, I love eBay. Unfortunately for my checking account and/or credit card, not a week goes by that I don't bid on something.  I might not be the winning bidder, but I usually bid on at least one thing every week. The day before Thanksgiving, I was involved in a fierce eBay bidding war on a collector's item, autographed by my beloved Terri Clark (a cool MP3 player, loaded with every one of her albums was included, too).  The auction ended at an awkward time - it was when I would be en route to The Compound after leaving work.  Right before I left work, I got online and put in a pretty high bid to clinch my spot as the winning bid.  I sweated it out, and was the winner, but there was an easier way.  A friend at work told me about a site called ESnipe - they will bid for you in the anxious and fierce last couple of minutes of bidding in the last few minutes of the auction.  I checked them out, and it is very cool.   Sure, it costs you a small,small fee, but with their networks and servers, they're able to get in and make a bid when you might not have been able to.  Their eBay winning bid success rate is very impressive.  See for yourself at http://www.esnipe.com.  You just sign up, and then give them the item number on the item you want to bid on, and then give them the maximum amount you're willing to bid and let them do the rest.  I know I'll use them the next time I bid on a big-ticket item. 

No comments: