Friday, December 30, 2005

Goodbye 2005

Dear 2005,

After spending 364 days with you so far, the time has come when we must say goodbye.  But before we bid farewell, I'd like to thank you for a few things.

Thank you for showing me how important friends are.  This summer, you gave me the opportunity to be a rock for someone; just a few weeks ago you gave that friend the opportunity to be a rock for me.  We both knew we had it in us, but we never thought we'd have to step up like that for each other.  You gave us that chance to step up, and we're stronger for it.

Thank you for showing me yet again the importance of unconditional love.  During the fun times, the sad times, and even the bad times, you gave me the chance to give and receive unconditional love from my friends and family.  I hope that your friend 2006 will give me the same chance.

Thank you for no major illnesses or health dramas during your year.  Other then the 'rents and me ending your year with sinus infections, you've seen us healthy.  You've seen us eating healthier and getting more rest.  And best of all, you've seen Mom beating her diabetes. 

You've seen a few repairs to the BMW, but as you leave us, it's in tip-top shape.  You also saw the Blazer making it through another year in good shape.  And I thank you. 

Thank you for showing me that I need to be playing the guitar more.  You made me remember how great it feels when I play and sing.  One resolution for your friend 2006 is to keep on playing and to try my hand at song writing. 

Before you leave, thanks again, 2005, for everything.  For the laughter, for the tears, for the frustrations, for the anxiety, and for the triumphs and sucesses. I've learned from them all.  

Your friend,  Puddin

 

No comments: