Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Birthday, Susan Lucci

TWIT would like to wish a very happy birthday to Susan Lucci.  The star of "All My Children" is 58 years old today.  And looks damned good for a woman pushing 60, I say.   In January of this year, Ms. Lucci celebrated her 35th year of portraying Erica Kane, who TV guide calls "unequivocally the most famous soap opera character in the history of daytime TV." 

Unlike her character Erica Kane who has been married nine times to six different men, Susan Lucci married Helmut Huber in 1969, and they are still happily married today. They have two children, a son Andreas and a daughter Liza (who is a soap opera star in her own right on "Passions.")

I'm still bummed that I didn't get to make it down to Orlando's Disney World for this year's Soap Opera Weekend, but I've vowed to be down there next year for the festivities.  I will do whatever it takes to get to finally meet Susan Lucci and get my picture taken with her, even if it means standing in line all day long.  And you can rest assured the picture will be posted in TWIT as soon as possible. 

Please wish me luck, faithful readers - I'm going to enter my essay in the ABC TV contest where I could win an appearance on "All My Children" with my beloved Susan Lucci.  The essay is a short 50 word paragraph on why I feel I am the biggest "All My Children" fan.  The winner will get to appear on an episode of "All My Children" at Erica Kane's masquerade ball. I'll keep you posted. 

Happy birthday, Susan. Any many, many more.

No comments: