Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas, Faithful Readers

Christmas 2005 is drawing to a close. I'm ashamed to say that I went into this holiday season as a big ole Scrooge, but thanks to a few unexpected events, it turned into one of the best Christmases I've ever had. It It also goes in the history books as a first for my family and me - this was the first Christmas that we were invited out for Christmas dinner.

Christmas Day started out not-so-good; yesterday I started coughing and sneezing.  By this morning, it was a full-blown upper respiratory infection.  I didn't feel all that bad,  but I sounded like I could have sang bass in the choir.  Our good friend Dr. J called in a prescription for me after church, God bless him. So hopefully, I'll be over this crap in a few days.  But in the meanwhile, I was determined to enjoy myself on Christmas day.  After coming home from church and regrouping, we headed back out to the east end of town to our good friends Jerry and Helen's home for Christmas dinner.  We had a great time.  Their son and his family were there, and we were surprised to see our dear, hip friend Lenora there, too.  Everybody had a great time eating and visiting.  It was worth battling a slight fever and nagging cough today just to see Lenora have such a great Christmas.  We got her all bundled up at about 9:30, and offered to drive her back to her apartment in downtown.  We braved the traffic and a few snowflakes and got her and us back home safe and sound.  As I was walking her to her apartment, she said that this was the best Christmas she's had.  I have to agree with you, too, Lenora. 

No comments: