Friday, December 9, 2005

Digital Photography 101

A funny thing happened at work today.  It happened between my previous boss and my current boss. The women in the office had a wedding shower luncheon for a girl in the Customer Service department.  It's always nice to get together with co-workers you don't normally see during the course of the day.  Everybody brings something, and you take your normal lunch time and go upstairs to the conference room and party with your co-workers. 

Before we started eating today, Previous Boss came in carrying not one but two cameras.  One was a 35mm camera and the other was a digital.  She still had the digital camera in it's case, and was taking pictures with the 35mm.  She handed the camera to Current Boss and asked her to take a picture of her with the bride-to-be.  Current Boss took the picture, and before she handed the camera back to Previous Boss she looked at the back of it and had a puzzled look on her face.  She asked Previous Boss "Where's the display?  I want to see how the picture turned out."  Previous Boss looked equally puzzled. "I didn't know it had a display," she said earnestly.  Then the two of them damned near took the camera apart, trying to find the display window that was not there.  I was holding in the laughter as best as I could, since I was sitting there next to those two, and it was all I could do to keep my Diet Coke from snorting out of my nose.  I let this go on for a minute or two, and then finally spoke up "That's not the digital camera - that's the thirty-five milimeter camera.  There is no display window on that one. The display is on the back of the DIGITAL camera." 

This actually happened, faithful readers.  Trust me - I could not make this stuff up. 

No comments: