Monday, December 5, 2005

File Under: WTF?

For the past year on my morning commute to work, I've been listening to "The Bob and Tom Show" on our very cool classic rock radio station.  If you've heard "The Bob and Tom Show" before, or know anything about it, then you already know that some of the jokes and material on there are for "mature audiences only."  So it came as no surprise this morning when I heard a commercial for a local strip club during a break in the show.  The commercial was advertising a special event going on at the strip club. The commercial was for "Little Sisters" - midget strippers.  Yes, midget strippers.  Let me apologize first because I'm sure I'm not being politically correct by using the phrase "midge strippers."  So pardon me if anyone is offended.

I'd honestly never heard of midget strippers before - I had no idea that they even existed.  But after hearing the commercial say that "Little Sisters" would be there December 5th, 6th, AND 7th, I realized that there must be high demand for midget strippers, since they were going to be appearing there for three days.  I mentioned this very interesting commercial to my co-workers, and we tossed around some interesting observations about "Little Sisters."  One co-worker said that he saw an ad in the newspaper about it.  This prompted me to go on a search through the offices, seeing if anyone had the sports section (where the ads for the strip clubs are.)  I found a newspaper, and sure enough, there it was on the second-to-last page of the sports section - an ad telling about "Little Sisters - the world's smallest strippers."  They said that Little Lacey (3'10") and Little Pixie (slightly taller, at 3'11") would be appearing.  We also wondered how they would be doing their show at the strip club - would they have special shorter poles for them to dance on/around?  Or would they have portable little carpeted stairs that they drag up for them to use to reach the pole? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you were able to hear anything during the Bob & Tom Show except Bob and Tom's never ending fake laughter.   God, I miss Ron Clay.