Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Get Those Snow Blowers Ready

The grocery stores are packed right now with people buying bread, milk and beer; the weatherrazzi are making their snow accumulation predictions; I'm giddy with excitement.  The city is bracing for our first snow of the season.  I can't wait. We'll finally get to use our new snowblower that's been stuck in the back of the garage since I bought it last January.  

If you have a snowblower, or any other piece of equipment that has a gas engine and is used only a few times a year, I have some advice from my dear friend MP that I would like to share with you.  Please take the time to purchase a bottle of Sta-Bil additive.  Here's MP's testimonial, and some information on the product:

The gas stabilizer is an additive that comes in a little self dose bottle.  It prevents stored gas from deteriorating thus preventing the gum deposits in the engine that old gas typically does.  Most hardware and retailers sell it.  I use STA-BIL that Home Depot and Wal-mart stock. I keep plain gas in a five gallon container and add STA-BIL to that.   Then I divide that when needed into the two gallon containers for the weed eater, lawn mower, and snow blower since they require different oil/gas mixes.   A neighbor that resembles and sounds like Tammy Wynette stopped by because she could not get her weed eater starter since it had layed around for a year with old gas.  I replaced the fuel with my own gas with STA-BIL and it started right up.  You can put one dose to make last for a year, two to make it last for two years.  And now a word from our sponsor:

STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer: America’s top selling fuel stabilizer keeps fuel fresh for quick, easy starts after storage. Removes water to prevent corrosion and cleans carburetors and fuel injectors. Protects engine from gum, varnish, rust, and corrosion. Prolongs engine life. Eliminates need to drain fuel before storage. For all 2 cycle and 4 cycle gasoline and diesel engines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did someone mention The First Lady of Music, Miss Tammy Wynette??