Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Get Those Snow Blowers Ready

The grocery stores are packed right now with people buying bread, milk and beer; the weatherrazzi are making their snow accumulation predictions; I'm giddy with excitement.  The city is bracing for our first snow of the season.  I can't wait. We'll finally get to use our new snowblower that's been stuck in the back of the garage since I bought it last January.  

If you have a snowblower, or any other piece of equipment that has a gas engine and is used only a few times a year, I have some advice from my dear friend MP that I would like to share with you.  Please take the time to purchase a bottle of Sta-Bil additive.  Here's MP's testimonial, and some information on the product:

The gas stabilizer is an additive that comes in a little self dose bottle.  It prevents stored gas from deteriorating thus preventing the gum deposits in the engine that old gas typically does.  Most hardware and retailers sell it.  I use STA-BIL that Home Depot and Wal-mart stock. I keep plain gas in a five gallon container and add STA-BIL to that.   Then I divide that when needed into the two gallon containers for the weed eater, lawn mower, and snow blower since they require different oil/gas mixes.   A neighbor that resembles and sounds like Tammy Wynette stopped by because she could not get her weed eater starter since it had layed around for a year with old gas.  I replaced the fuel with my own gas with STA-BIL and it started right up.  You can put one dose to make last for a year, two to make it last for two years.  And now a word from our sponsor:

STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer: • America’s top selling fuel stabilizer keeps fuel fresh for quick, easy starts after storage. • Removes water to prevent corrosion and cleans carburetors and fuel injectors. • Protects engine from gum, varnish, rust, and corrosion. • Prolongs engine life. • Eliminates need to drain fuel before storage. • For all 2 cycle and 4 cycle gasoline and diesel engines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did someone mention The First Lady of Music, Miss Tammy Wynette??