Saturday, February 4, 2012

Winter Vacation Wrap-Up

My first week of vacation in 2012 is drawing to a close.  Even though tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday, by this time the Monday Morning Dread will have hit.  But I digress.  It's been an awesome week off.  For my vacation week to have been in the dead of winter, I couldn't have asked for better weather.  It was mostly sunny with temps in the upper 50's and low 60's all week long.  And the only rain I've seen all week is the rain coming down this morning.

The 'Rents and I have had a great week - we've shopped, ate, went to the movies, ate, watched TV, ate, etc.  You get the picture.  I slept in till 9:00 almost every day this week, and took a couple of naps this week, too.  And I ventured to the East End not once but a total of three times this week; ordinarily I don't go to the East End of town three times in a year. 

But all good things must come to an end, and so it is with my vacation week.  Monday morning it will be back to spending the day with my work family and back to the confines of my little office.

No comments: