Saturday, December 18, 2004

You Go, Lisa Marie

I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest yesterday at work.  It wasn't when I looked at my paycheck or my checking account balance; it was when I heard the news that Lisa Marie Presley had sold her father's estate.  I thought I was going to have to crawl to the HR department and have them get our portable defib machine out to revive me.  I calmed down only after I read that she was not selling Graceland.  

In case you didn't hear the details of the deal, Lisa Marie, the sole heir to the Elvis Presley estate, sold Elvis Presley Enterprises for $100 million. The estate will be part of a publicly traded company called CKX Inc.  She got $53 million in cash, absolution of $25 million in debt, and will get $20 million in shares of publicly traded CKX stock.  I'd call my broker now if I were you and get a piece of this action. 

Lisa Marie is not selling Graceland, thank goodness.  I'm glad she kept her childhood home.  And when the money keeps rolling in from Graceland revenues she'll be glad, too. An average of 650,000 people visit Graceland a year.  Currently, a ticket to get in Graceland costs $27.  She'll rake in over $17.5 million next year just from ticket sales alone.  When you add in souvenir sales, I'd say that was a very wise move. 

Lisa Marie's music career flopped last year, but I think this will prove that she's nobody's fool.  I think her Daddy would be proud of her. Maybe if Priscilla wasn't so wrapped up in her Scientology stuff, Lisa Marie might have given her a cut. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how EP Enterprises became $25M in debt?  Anyway...glad to see Graceland is still in the family.

Anonymous said...

Hi there puddinprp.....

I am with you on that one. I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest myself. Have you purchased any stock yet? I am by no means stock savvy....where would one start? I see the stock used to be 10 cents and now has gone up to 11.00. WOW. Wish I had owned some before...lol. Email me at tcbgal@twcny.rr.com....I would love to hear your thoughts.

Take care,
TCBGAL