Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Where's The Elves?

I normally don't complain about NOT getting forwarded emails, but it disappoints me to say that it's almost Christmas and I've yet to receive an email with the elf bowling game. 

I had email at work a couple of years before I got my computer at home, and the elf bowling game was the first forwarded email that I received here at work. Every year since then, I usually got a dozen or so emails with the game.  In case you don't know or have forgotten over the years, elf bowling is a game that you could download and play any time, much to the dismay of bosses everywhere.  Santa was the bowler, and ten of his elves were the pins.  You could control where he rolled the ball, so there was a bit of skill involved in the game.  If you missed and got a gutter ball, one of the elves would drop his pants and smack hisself on the butt and  say "Who's your daddy?"

The first email virus hoax I received was also about elf bowling.  Not long after I got the email containing the elf bowling program, I got an email saying that there was "malicious programming" in the elf bowling program, and on midnight Christmas Eve it would unleash a virus that would bring my computer to a crashing halt.  I wasn't too worried about this as I was sitting in church at our midnight Christmas Eve service.  Midnight came and went and the next day I played the game and my computer worked just fine. 

I know that productivity drops during the holidays, with eating and partying and merriment going on, and I'm sure there's an even bigger spike in productivity due to elf bowling.  If you'd like to sneak and play elf bowling on company time, here's a link to the site where you can download it:
http://www.nstorm.com/games/download2.asp?game_id=64&display_name=Super%20Elf%20Bowling

No comments: