Tuesday, December 21, 2004

My First Fan Letter

I'm proud to say I have another first in my journalistic endeavors -- I received my first fan letter last night!  It's not just a "your journal is great" email - there is also a lesson we, as workers, can all learn from it.  Here's the email letter in it's entirity:

I loved your article about the Blue Q products.  I received another shipment today that included Total Bitch moist anti bacterial towelettes.  I guess I feel somewhat justified in distributing additional Blue Q products to some of the spiteful people that I work with

 Do you ever tire of the people that constantly ask for your Clorox wipes or Kleenex?  Dont get me wrong, I enjoy being a grocer in a wayready to distribute a Shout wipe for the poor dear that accidentally spotted or someone that had an emergency wet sneeze or even someone that needs a can of albacore tuna to qualify for wearing jeans on the day of the Dare to Care food drive.  But you would think after months of habitual panhandling that they would purchase their own supply of frequently needed items.   After months of scoring numerous saves for people, it amazes me that one can take a vacation day and come back to find his box of instant oatmeal discreetly opened on one side so a packet can be taken because the consumer was too lazy to eat breakfast at home.  Again don’t get me wrongI generally shun oatmeal but do pick up sale items just in case I have a desire for brown sugar and maple flavor that can be quickly prepared in a cup of hot water from the coffee machine toggle. 

You had written a journal entry a few months ago about a co-worker that kept a jar of pickles in the company fridge to adorn his meager sandwich only to find nothing but pickle juice after days of co-worker pilfering.  I now feel his defeat in being prepared.  I hope you will be able to enter a journal entry sometime in the future to appeal to your readers that proactive anticipation of work time needs and bargain shopping will help them from becoming a burdening drain to their co-workers. 

Michael P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Michael, sounds like it's time for a pan of Ex-Lax brownies to be left unattended in your work area...

Anonymous said...

After witnessing mega mooching this week at work, I agree with MP even more.  There are a few people at work that are the first ones to come and get any candy, desserts, snacks, etc that we have in our department, or other departments for that matter.  You can count on it like clockwork.  But yet they never bring anything to share.  I don't mind sharing what I bring - personally, I'd rather take an empty pan/bowl back home then to have to fool with any leftovers.  But it's just the principle.  In kindergarten, they probably got a note sent home that said "does not share well with others."