Friday, November 9, 2012

Flashback Friday

I was discussing Captain D's versus Long John Silvers chicken tenders today with Diva Stacy, when she reminded me of something from way back in the day.

Back in the day, you could go to Long John Silvers and for the low, low price of only a dime, you could get a cardboard container full of their crunchies/crispies.  Yep, it only cost a dime.  And the container had a hell of a lot more than the container in this picture.

In the summers of my days in elementary school, I would go with my neighbor Alice to her beauty parlor appointment on Fridays.  Grandma would give me money for a snack and lunch after the appointment. 

Alice's beauty parlor was in a shopping center just two doors down from a Long John Silvers.  Many a Friday I remember going down to Long John's while Alice was sitting under the dryer and spending ten cents of my money on a cardboard container of their crunchies/crispies.  They rocked.  Of course they were just drip off from the batter, but nobody cared.  They were crunchies and they were cheap and they rocked. If you were to get a container today, it would come with a dozen warnings about the oil and trans fats, and would probably cost a buck. 

No comments: