Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Eve

I stopped on the way home from work today to pick up a six-pack of beer to have with our Thanksgiving Eve ritual of carry-out fish, and while I was at the liquor store, I got some scratch-off lottery tickets and some more Powerball tickets for tonight's $250 million drawing.  While chatting with the very kind Pakistani guy that owns and manages the liquor store, we started talking about Thanksgiving.  He said "I am very thankful that I can have a business here in the U.S."  I'll admit that in the back of my mind, I was wondering how much $$$ he was laundering back home to Al Quada, but I tried to keep the conversation light.  I told him that was awesome and that I, too, was an entreprenuer, and was happy to have my own company just like he did. During the rest of the conversation, he asked me what else I was thankful for.  I didn't hesitate to tell him I was thankful for my job that paid my bills and that gave me disposable income to blow at the liquor store on beer and lottery tickets. We chatted a few more minutes, and then I left and headed home, still very thankful for my job.

No comments: